Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Festivites

The Easter Bunny visited our house a day early this year! We will be really busy with Asa's family tomorrow, so we wouldn't have a chance to celebrate together. So, we woke up this morning to an Easter surprise for everyone!Marley oohed and ahhed over everything in her basket. She got a card from her Daddy, Easter stickers, a bunny, and some ceramic eggs to paint. And Easter eggs of course! She had some filled with Reese's pieces, some with Starburst jelly beans, and some with coins for her piggy bank. She loved the surprise of each one. She shook them by her ears and guessed what might be inside. It was a blast to watch her.

A little later in the morning, we started the egg hunting. Last year, this was her favorite activity. She hunted eggs about 7 times a day for a week straight. And then we finally had to hide the eggs because we were a little tired of it. This year will probably be the same! She needed about a 20 second refresher course on the point of the game and then she was off. She squealed with excitement when she found one, and then ran back to us with her egg and a huge smile! She was so proud of herself!
When we needed a break form the hot sun, we came inside and painted the ceramic eggs. I was really impressed with how she handled the paint brush and having to dip it in the water. I will admit that sometimes the perfectionist in me wants to "fix" her drawings and paintings. I am always so tempted to make it something else, not let her mix the colors, or tell her how she should do it. But I bite my tongue, and I am always so glad I do! She is such an awesome artist and I love what she makes. It means so much more to me when it was completely done by her. And it means so much more to her! When she finished today she announced, "These are so pretty!" I love watching her confidence grow.When she had finished her last egg, she was ready for more egg hunting. We hid them for her, she hid them for us, and we all had a great time. When it was our turn to hunt for the eggs she had hidden, she led us around the yard and found them for us. She was so excited to show us where they were, she couldn't wait for us to find them!
Last but not least, Emily painted Marley's finger nails for Easter today. I voted for a basic pink color, but I was overruled!
Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...