Thursday, September 2, 2010

Looking forward to nap time

Man, am I looking forward to nap time these days. It seems that Marley's two-year-old traits are in full swing lately and there is a lot of crying going on in this house. She cries about what clothes I put on her, even if she chose them for herself. She cries about what food I serve her, even if it's exactly what she told me she wanted. She cries when I leave the room. She cries when I don't leave the room if she wants me to. She cries about the way I make the bed or where I put her books, or where I park the car. I literally cannot do anything right!

Yesterday, I told her that she either needed to use her words to tell me what was wrong or she needed to go to her room to cry. So, she said "uh huh," quietly walked to her room, and then whined for a few minutes while she played. Even if I'm frustrated about her crying for the last 10 minutes, I have to laugh when she does this! She has already done it a few more times today! She's hilarious in there playing with her toys and fake crying! So, after a few minutes, she comes out with a smile and I am in a much better mood after my little break.

But nap time is still glorious! Even though she only seems to be sleeping for about an hour lately, I get to spend that hour in silence, doing whatever it is I want to do (today it's blogging!). It's just the little reboot I need, and I can greet her with a smile when she wakes up. I mean, how could anyone be upset with this little baby?

4 comments:

Brandy said...

I know how you feel! My little girl was like that, but I am sorry to say that 3 is worse...at least for me, well she turns 3 this month. The tantrums are bigger and louder and she just screams her head off, it is embarrassing if we are out. She is shy but does not care, maybe she will notice that people are around and stop throwing so many tantrums next year, haha.

Mindy said...

Oh sweetie, she is just like her momma. You used to do the same thing, except you would watch yourself in the mirror! She is just trying to adjust to all the changes and doesn't have the vocabulary to tell you what's wrong. She is a terrific two-year old and you are a terrific momma.

Jillian said...

Brandy, you aren't giving me much to look forward to! lol
And Mom, I'm sorry you had to go through this! But I turned out okay, so you must have done it all right!

Brandy said...

Haha sorry! Not everyday is like that, she is still a very sweet girl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...