Monday, August 2, 2010

Lots Going On

I am such a bad blogger lately. It seems so busy here, but at the same time I can't think of what I have been doing to keep myself so busy. We go work out, clean the house, take Asa lunch, play for a while, and then before I know it Asa is home and we are making dinner and going to bed. I want to be better... I really do! But it's hard! However, today Emily V. is here and Marley is enjoying playing with her, so I have a second to write!

We had a company picnic last Friday for all of Asa's company and their families. All the guys played football while the wives and kids cheered for their husband's platoon. It was so, so hot and Marley and I couldn't stay at the game very long so we retreated to the bounce house where Marley bounced for about an hour. She loved it by herself, but she also loved it with other people in it. She just loves bounce houses! Asa and I are trying to figure out if we can get one for her birthday party next weekend. They had a big bar-b-cue and dunking booth. Marley had a blast playing with the Bollin girls again and learned to say Abby's name! Now when Marley does something wrong, she blames it on Abby! Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures. I had my camera with me the entire day, but I never got it out of the case.

We are officially number 28 on the housing waiting list! That isn't as low a number as I would like, but it is way lower than 72 where we started!

We are leaving on Thursday after Asa gets off to drive to Nacogdoches for Marley's birthday! I cannot believe that she will be two in less than a week. Well, in some ways I can definitely believe it. She is really acting like a two-year-old these days and she definitely looks like a two-year-old. But I can't believe that it had been two years since I had her. We will be having a party on Saturday with our family and friends, and I know she will have a blast. She is going to love getting to see everyone. Then, Marley and I are staying in Nacogdoches for two weeks and hanging out with everyone there for a little while. My mom, Marley, Emily, and I will get to go to Schlitterbahn while we are there, which I am really excited about!

We also found out a tentative schedule for Asa for the next few months. While I am in Nacogdoches, his company is going out in the field for a week. But Asa got chosen as the only person who will go take a robotics class! The next few months will be full of training, and then in November he will go back to Louisiana for more training. So, I will be going home for that month. And then his block leave will start around December 19th. So we will have time to take a little vacation somewhere together, spend time with everyone for Christmas, and then just relax. He will get about a month off, and then we'll come back to Missouri and he will deploy sometime in the first three months of 2011.

The next few weeks will probably be hectic and not leave a lot of time for blogging, but I will take plenty of pictures and put them all up when it calms back down! I promise!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...