Sunday, March 28, 2010

A lot to catch up on

Oh, how I wish I could have been blogging this past week!I had the internet guy come out to our new house last Thursday, but when he got here he discovered there was not a cable running to the house to run the internet. So, unfortunately that means I have been missing everything except for what my phone will load. The past week has held some many events that I will try to remember to mention, but this is why I should be blogging every day… I forget!

Wednesday 3/24/10:
I spent the morning packing while Asa went to work.Thankfully, they let him off in time to come back to the hotel and help me get everything in the truck before we headed to the realty office for the keys! They came to the house with us and did the inspection. They took pictures of all the problems and called the workers out to fix most of them that day.

After lunch Asa had to go back to work. There were people all over the house, so I decided that I didn’t want to stay here alone. Asa had been taking the truck to work, so Marley and I would have been stuck here with nothing to do.There were people in the kitchen fixing appliances, in the basement banging on things, and outside blowing the leaves. None of that was conducive for Marley to take a nap, so I decided we should go spend the afternoon on post. Marley took about a 30 minute nap in the car and then we walked to the PX and did some shopping. They have my favorite kind of ice cream there (Baskin Robbins) and we walked through the main store for a while. We even ran into some of Asa’s friends from training. I felt like a real Army wife, walking around the PX with my baby! But we soon got bored since I couldn’t really buy anything and carry it on the stroller. So, I set out in search of a park.

We walked for probably 30 minutes. I had to pass by a few parks that looked a little shabby or had too many people, but we finally found one. It was a good size for Marley, and empty! So, Marley and I rode down the slides together and raced up the stairs. We had a lot of fun until she spotted the much bigger playground across the park. We trekked over to the bigger, but busier park and she loved it! I didn’t get to climb all over this one with her since there were so many other kids, but that might have been why she liked it so much! There was a 20-month-old little boy and a 21-month-old little girl that she made friends with. Asa called and said he would be getting off at 4:30, so Marley and I waited patiently at a picnic table for 20 minutes. In that time, I figured out that I had not brought the diaper bag or anything to drink or eat. She was starving, thirsty, and poopy. That is three major mom mistakes in one afternoon. And boy was Marley mad about it. She was so histerical by the time Asa got there that she didn’t want anything to do with me. He saved her by feeding her, changing her, and giving her some water, and I was the evil mommy she glared at from Daddy’s lap.

Asa invited his friends Reinier and Brittian over for dinner at our new house. He bought a cheap little grill and everything to make hamburgers at Walmart and we all had a little bar-b-que. They were leaving the next morning for Airborne school, so this was their hoorah. Marley loved Brittian, and followed him around all night flirting with him.

We spent our first night all in a queen size bed (which we ended up changing the next night). It was fun to have a little house, but unfortunate that the maids weren’t there to clean up the room the next day. We couldn’t hear the highway at all like I thought we would be able to and actually slept really well! All together as a family!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...