Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So Many Things To Do

I have a lot going on. But on the other hand I feel like I don't. I heard from Asa for about 5 minutes last Saturday morning. He didn't have very good news. He got in an argument with a guy in his bay who skipped PT that morning. The guy got mad that Asa was telling him what he thought about and punched Asa in the ear, shattering his ear drum. Asa immediately walked away from him and the guy ended up getting a statement in his permanent file. But the whole company is being punished, so they can no longer call us. I did find out though, that the unit he has been assigned to at the moment is a "mobility support" unit instead of an infantry unit. So, evidently there are both kinds of combat engineers and he has been assigned to the safer one! Which is wonderful!

One of the big problems right now is where we are going to live. While we have not officially gotten his orders from the Drill Sargent (There is a guy there being followed by CNN and they are making everyone wait until that one guy's orders come in so they can film everyone's reactions! That completely pisses me off!) we are getting down to about 3 weeks until his graduation! I need a plan at this point for the sake of my sanity! I can't get on the list for housing on post until we get those orders, and once we do get on the list it could take 3 to 5 months to get a two bedroom on post. If I were pregnant, we would qualify for a three bedroom and have a place with a week or two. I do not want to live in temporary housing for 3 to 5 months, so our choices are pretty much get pregnant or live off post. I'm not ready to have another baby yet, so it looks like we are living off post. But then I worry, should I pick something out as soon as we get his orders or do I wait until he graduates and we do it together and live in temporary housing until we find something?

But the most frustrating thing about this whole situation is that I can't just call Asa and find out what he thinks about something or what he wants to do. I have to keep making choices and plans and hope that Asa will agree with me. I know he will understand if it's not exactly what he would have chosen, but it's still hard to decide on anything. I dropped my only in-person class today. It was only on Tuesday nights, but I didn't want to have to worry it anymore.

Ok, so after days of stressing about what to do, I have decided to just wait for now. I have as much of a plan as I possibly can for right now. Asa thinks he will only have 2 or 3 days after graduation before he has to report for duty, so that is not enough time to go home. So, my plan is to drive our car up there and pack Marley and I for at least a week. We will have as much as we need there, staying in the temporary housing, to decide where we want to live. Once we find a place, I will fly home and hopefully move everything over Easter weekend. Since Asa will be working by then, we will be doing it without him, but we can handle it. I will have lots of people to help! We also have to buy Asa a truck, get Kima up to Missouri, and remember to do homework for my other classes int here somewhere.

Hopefully, it all works out the best possible way it can. With only three weeks left in Nacogdoches, Marley and I are going to be busy packing, organizing, visiting people, and finishing all the things on our To Do List (which keeps getting longer and longer). I am still excited though, even with all of these things up in the air! And I can't wait for our little family to be back together!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...