Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ready for potty training?

Marley has used the potty a few times in the past, but we haven't been practicing recently. It turns out it's a lot of work to take her to the potty all the time, so I just haven't been motivated. But every morning the first thing we do is go to the bathroom, and while I am on the potty she wants to be on her's. So, on Tuesday I got her undressed and put her on and she did it! She even said "Ewwie ewwie?" to let me know she had! So, I taught her the sign for "potty" which is making a fist with your hand a twisting it back and forth in the air. Then I went and got her a candy Valentine's Day heart and told her what a great job she did.

So, does anyone want to guess what I did the entire rest of the day? That's right. Marley would sign "potty". I would take her to the bathroom, and get her completely undressed (she doesn't like to even have her shirt on for some reason). She would sit on the potty for maybe 2 seconds, and then jumped up asking for her candy! I didn't give it to her of course, I explained that she had to actually pee to get the candy. But that didn't stop her from wanting to go back every 30 minutes the rest of the day!

That was pretty exhausting, so I don't think I'm in a hurry to potty train her right now. I will keep doing it when she wants to though. But it makes me wonder if she is ready. Does the fact that she didn't really want to pee she just wanted the candy mean that she is not ready? Or I could take it to mean that she was interested and wanted to keep going in there and "try". Does that mean she is ready? Who knows. For now I'll just keep doing it the way I'm doing it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...