Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I am officially 22! Sometimes I feel like I am every day of that and sometimes I can't believe it. We started the day camping, so we woke up under the trees with a campfire waiting outside. I had forgotten how much I miss camping, since I haven't done it since I got pregnant with Marley. I drank a cup of delicious hot chocolate and then everyone helped make a big breakfast. I don't really know why, but camp breakfasts are always so much better than breakfast at home. We reluctantly packed everything up and headed back to Nacogdoches.

We went to Asa's last Sunday lunch at his dad's and ate with everyone. Marley loved eating the icing from the cake we had the night before.
We spent the afternoon hanging out at the house while my mom made me chicken pot pie. She originally told me she didn't want to do it Sunday because she didn't think she would have time. But, she impressed me and got it all done! We had my favorite meal, followed by my favorite dessert, strawberry pie. And MArley even helped me blow out the candles!We talked at dinner about how much of a home-body I am. This was a perfect birthday far me because it involved family, food, and relaxing around the house. I will never be the girl that invites everyone to the bar with her for her birthday. I am so glad I got to spend it with my family!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...