Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!


Yesterday was Asa's 21st birthday! We hosted a party for all the family and I really think every had fun, especially Marley!
She enjoyed tons of ice cream, thanks to Nana. Nana also gave her a bath when it was time and helped her brush her teeth and hair.

We played a family game of Apples to Apples and we all had a blast! Asa won both rounds. I think he cheated, but I guess since it was his birthday we couldn't say anything.
I am so glad he had a good birthday. With everything that has been going on lately, I was afraid that it would get pushed to the side. But he was so happy to have everyone there last night and it was amazing to see how well everyone got along! It wasn't that I expected a big fight, I was just nervous about everyone having something to talk about. But luckily our families are amazing and they were great!

Tomorrow we are leaving to go camping for Asa's last weekend here, and then he leaves Tuesday for boot camp. We went on a date tonight, our last before he leaves. I know he is coming back for Christmas and that is better than most people get, but we are both still worried. Asa keeps saying that he is really going to miss us, and him missing something is my biggest fear. I am going to have to take pictures of every single little thing and I'll also be following Marley around with the video camera. He will be getting his phone back on Sundays, so he will be able to read this blog if he wants or look at any videos I upload. So, get ready for more posts! I just hope it goes quickly. I only have 8 more class days, Thanksgiving, and getting ready for Christmas to keep us busy. Oh, along with writing letters everyday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...