Monday, October 12, 2009

Dress Shopping!

On Saturday (this is late, I know) we went dress shopping! We got really lucky and Marley fell asleep on the way there. So, she and her Mimi took naps in the backseat while Emily and I sang to every song on the radio. I t has been a long time I was in the car with my sister and mom for more than five minutes. We had fun!

We tried one smaller dress shop, but they really didn't have anything for normal sized women. If I were a size 2, I would have found a dress in no time, but they didn't have any choices for me there. So we moved on to David's Bridal. I still didn't have as many choices as the smaller girls do, but I had enough. The very first dress I tried on turned out to be The One! I tried on a few more, just to make sure, but I happily decided on the first one! Emily and Marley went and got smoothies while I tried on dresses, and then she ran around the store the rest of the time. I would have felt bad, except that we were spending money, so they could get over it. I am so in love my dress, I want to wear it all the time! But I only have 11 more days until the big day!

Once I was done, we had to find something for the other three girls. So, we went to the mall. Marley was a great sport riding around in the stroller for a while. But then I decided I would let her walk around. Instead of wandering off, all she wanted to do was push the stroller.
We found Emily and Marley somewhat matching dresses. The two of them will be a little bit more dressed than everyone else, but that's okay. I didn't really have a choice with Emily's and Marley will look great in whatever she wears.
She did get lucky and Emily was willing to carry her on her shoulders for a while. Marley kept leaning back and almost falling and then using her abs and pulling herself back up straight.
We went to dinner while my mom shopped for herself (evidently she didn't want Emily telling her what to wear. haha). while she was not there, we told the waiter that it was her birthday.

Marley was not a good mood throughout dinner and it seemed to be taking FOREVER for them to bring the ice cream and sing to her. Seeing that Marley was ready to go, my mom told me to take her to the car and chage her diaper. I couldn't come up with a good reason why I shouldn't, so I did. And I missed it! But luckily I left Emily the camera and she took pictures!
Right before, wondering who is singing behind her.Now she's happy!
Emily called afterward and told me that I had to come back in and eat the dessert. Even though I missed the birthday celebration, we had a great time together! I feel so lucky and I LOVE my wedding dress! I wish I could wear it somewhere else!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...