Saturday, October 17, 2009

Doing It Myself

So, the florist called today with a quote for all the flowers we ordered for the wedding. Thank goodness she hasn't actually made them yet, because they were way out of our price range. I really didn't think that they would cost as much as she is charging. So, I researched it all morning on the internet and have decided to do our flowers myself!

We need the following things:
one bridal bouquet
one bridesmaid bouquet
one groom's boutonniere
five other boutonnieres
one cake topper
one wreath
three mothers' wrist corsages
three table arrangements

We went to the florist at Kroger and asker her about the logistics and looked at the flower choices. I know I am picking the way that makes more work for me, but I am so excited about doing it! I have always wanted to be crafty! We bought a few flowers so I could practice and I made a cake topper this afternoon.I am so impressed with myself! Every time I look at it, I am more excited about it! It will look absolutely perfect on top of my ivory cake. I really don't think it's gong to be that hard to do everything else, and it will definitely save us a bunch of money! How do y'all think I did?

2 comments:

Abigail... said...

WOW! *I'm* super impressed! Really pretty! I am loving the fall colors ;-)

Mindy said...

Beautiful! You are so crafty!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...