Friday, September 25, 2009

A New Home

Tonight is our first night living at my mom and Joel's house. We have spent the past week moving things, packing things, and throwing TONS of things away. We have manage to completely fill our storage room, with just enough room left for our bed. We still have all the little things to pack and move, which is the worst part. My mom and Joel are gone to Dallas for the weekend, so we are just staying with Emily right now.

I was worried that Marley was going to feel weird staying here, but she's really not. We had dinner together, played around with Pompey, and had a dance party while we organized our room. Asa played music on his computer while Marley and I danced around the room. It is co cute how much that girl loves to dance! She isn't a big fan of the bath tub here, so we have to get a mat to go in the bottom of it.

I am starting to stress about if we are doing the right thing. On Wednesday, The Forest Service called because they were interested in giving Asa a job. So, his dream job that he has been trying to get, finally calls a week after he signs his papers with The Army. He could have still backed out, but he said that he likes the plan we have. We do not always get supportive comments from people. At first it didn't bother me, but I am starting to wonder if we are doing the right thing. There are so many things to consider when you are making such big changes like this. There are good parts, bad parts, and parts that you don't know if they are good or bad. But, I need to remember the whole reason we are doing it: to make our lives better. I don't want it to seem like I don't care about how the next few years of Marley's life will be. Of course, I will be worried about how she is doing and if she is happy. I don't want her to miss out on seeing her family, and that is probably the most upsetting part for me. I don't want her to not know her family. So, will we all be okay? I really really hope so, but I really really don't know.

1 comment:

Abigail... said...

Jillian, I am SO sorry that you have not been completely supported by people during this decision-but, while I know that it will be hard, I am definitely praying that this will be as wonderful and rewarding of an experience for you guys as it has been for Brett and I. Sure, its ROUGH but there are SO many wonderful adventures that you now on the road to having and I think that's super exciting! Let me know if there is anything I can do for ya'll

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...