Sunday, September 20, 2009

Garage Sale Day One and A Trip to Lufkin

The garage sale was a success! We had tons of people come and tons of things taken away, which was the overall goal, right? We said it started at 7:00 am, but we had customers at 6:20 am! We had some really nice people, really strange people, and really rude people all come by and almost everyone bought something!

We didn't manage to get rid of the two biggest things: the entertainment center and Knaack toolbox. But, since most of the little things were gone, I was happy. We can sell the other things on Craig's List or something.

In the meantime, Marley went to watch Aunt Emily swim and had her first busted lip. Evidently her pants are too tight ad she couldn't move very well. I know, bad Mommy for putting them on her. It was only her second time to ever wear them! And I feel guilty about that and about the fact that I wasn't there to comfort her when she was hurting. But she is okay now and you can't even tell there was anything wrong with her.

We were done by 1:00 pm. First of all because I missed my baby, and secondly because business was slowing down. So, to celebrate our great successes, I wanted to go to Lufkin and eat at Olive Garden and buy ourselves a present! We got all cleaned up and dressed up, but that didn't last long!
Marley LOVED her spaghetti and had me cracking up through dinner about the status of her hands, hair, face, dress, and seat. She was a mess, but she had a blast! We got her face and hands cleaned up before shopping, but her dress was hopeless. I had to cross my fingers that we wouldn't run into someone that would be worried about the status of her clothing and think we weren't taking care of her!

When we got to Old Navy, I told Asa he should look at the khaki pants and see if they had anything he would like to wear for the wedding. Now, I have had in my mind for a while what I hoped he would wear. But what we both have in mind for other outfits never really matches, so I didn't figure this would either. However, not only did we pick out the exact same outfit for him as our dream clothing, but it was also 75% off! I felt a little weird at first because it feels like what you get married in should be nice and expensive... but that feeling didn't last long when I saw how handsome he looked in it! It is like the perfect outfit for getting married on the beach or in a backyard! I love it and so does he! The hard part was having to convince him that he couldn't wear it until he got married in it. So, we had to buy him another pair of pants and a few shirts that were a different color! But, at least we both win!!

We were totally exhausted and were both passed out by 9:30! That's super early for me! I am getting really excited about the wedding! Five more weeks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...