Monday, September 14, 2009

The Calendar

We are officially an Army Family. Asa signed his papers today, and we are so excited. That means that everything is going to start happening at a hundred miles per hour. Here is a rough schedule in case you are interested.

9/19-20: Garage sale. We are selling EVERYTHING that we aren't really attached to. Furniture, clothes, books, fish, snake, everything. I figure there is no point in paying to store it while Asa is gone and then have to move it and then decide we want to buy something we like better anyway.

9/30: By this date, we have to have all of our stuff moved into storage and the three of us moved into my mom and Joel's house. This is a month before we had planned, but this is the only way we can do it to where Asa doesn't have to work anymore. We can spend a lot of time together and get all the rest of the stuff done that way.

10/24: Our wedding! We are getting married in my mom and Joel's backyard. I have started planning, I'm sending out invitations this week, and hopefully it will be beautiful.

10/29-11/2: Honeymoon at Beaver's Bend!

11/11: Asa's birthday

11/14: Joint birthday party and going away party

11/15: My birthday

11/18: Asa leaves

So, that doesn't seem so busy written that way, but imagining all of the little things that need to be done so that those things can happen is overwhelming.

My feelings range from relief, to pride, to excitement, to content, to anxious. Asa said that today was a rough day, going to the Military Entrance Processing Station to pass the physical and get sworn in. I know Marley doesn't know what's happening yet, but I hope she will be happy. She will miss our families, but I will try my absolute hardest to keep her busy and having fun. Living with my mom and Joel will be much easier than trying to live by myself while Asa is gone. Having someone to help if I need to do something for myself (like take a shower!) will be fantastic. And Marley adores Emily. Emily said we will have lots of GTT. Girl Talk Time, for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, like myself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...