Tuesday, September 8, 2009

13 Months

Yesterday, Marley turned 13 months old! That seems so big to me! We bought her some new little tennis shoes that make her look like such a big kid! This past weekend was Labor Day weekend, so we got to spend a lot of time relaxing as a family. On Saturday, we went with Donna, Noah-Beth, Malachi, and Billy to the Lufkin Zoo. Marley had so much fun, and it really made me wish that Malachi and Billy still lived around here. She wanted to walk the entire time, and would scream when we tried to put her in the stroller. She loved chasing the boys around, and it made her look so much older. It is amazing how great of a walker she is now, when just a month ago she could only take a few steps at a time. She chased Billy all over, tried to kiss him a few times, but was only really successful with kisses. She enjoyed looking at all the animals, too.
I have been trying to get her doing something outside everyday. It is still super hot here, but she sleeps so much better when she has been really active during the day. And she seems happier. And of course, I want her to have fun during the day, not just be at home with me! So, we went to the park several times last week, the zoo on Saturday, and we cleaned up the backyard yesterday so that she could hang out back there with us. Well, actually Asa and I cleaned up the yard while Marley swam, naked, in her little pool.We have so much going on in the next few days/weeks. Today, Asa was supposed to take the ASVAB, but they didn't have all the paper work done. So, he has to go back tomorrow and take it. Then, they informed him that they have posted the job openings early. So, instead of waiting until the 15th to find out if they have positions, we only have to wait until Thursday morning! I am crossing my fingers that they have a firefighter position available for him! Then, like I said before, he has 72 hours to get the MEPS station to claim the job, get his ship out date, and first location. So, he could have 2 weeks before training, or he could have 10 weeks. I have no idea, but in that time we have a lot to do.

Plan a wedding
Find a dress
Have a wedding
Take a little vacation
Figure out where I am going to live and move me there
Get a storage room
Get ALL the paperwork done that we need to get done (which is a ton)
Asa wants to go fishing with Joel
Get Asa all the stuff he needs
Finish all the projects we have started on the house to that we get our deposit back

And I'm sure many, many more things that we don't even know about yet. Oh, and in the middle of all that I have school. So, it will be stressful, exciting, and scary, all at the same time! Asa talked today about starting his own blog through the Army process, so maybe we have that to look forward to, also!

In Marley news, she is getting to be a genius. She is the next Einstein. She understand so many things. I will tell her to go get her shoes and she will walk all the way in her room and get them! She also says "cup" when she wants her cup. How amazing is that?! She loves to talk when we are at home, but when she is feeling shy, she just stares at you with a blank face. On the other hand, she has been waving at a lot of strangers when she is running errands with us. She had been staying with my mom and Joel while I have class and she is definitely having fun with that. She gets to be a little spoiled and doted on while she is with them. I mean, they don't even make her take naps by herself and she gets to have pancakes for breakfast! That's a good life! And she is always so excited to see me when they pick me up from school. But, she also starts crying when she sees that my mom is leaving her. She sure loves her Mimi and Papa.

She has also started screaming when someone closes the door in front of her and she can't go outside. It was cute that she wanted to go outside the first few times, but now it makes my head hurt. She screams so loud! I also think she is getting sick today. Her nose has been running non-stop and she has been sneezing every five minutes. It could be allergies, but who knows. I guess we wait it out.

I am having so much fun with all the new things she learns every day. I couldn't be more proud that she is mine and that I get to be one of the people who has such a big influence on her life. It really is a privilege and I love her more than anything.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...