Saturday, July 25, 2009

Today

Last night, as I was looking through pictures from last year, I got really really sad that we have not taken Marley on a vacation, we haven't taken many pictures of the three of us as a family, and we spend too much time at home. I want her to be out, experiencing things and it makes me sad that most of our days are spent playing at home. So, today I wanted to change things up a bit.

First, we ran a ton of errands. I have been working on her scrapbook for the past few days and needed some more supplies for that. So, we shopped for a while and then went home for a huge nap. Yesterday, I got really debated where Marley should be sleeping now. I mean, she is almost a year old, and for some reason that seems like a magic number to me. Like she won't be a baby anymore. So, I attempted letting her sleep in her crib. It didn't work. In fact the result was so heartbreaking that we were both in tears at the end of it. So, why does one have to be the magic age? It doesn't. And life was so much easier today, when I wasn't worried about the imaginary time line. I have decided to keep her down to one nap a day, because then she really is tired when it's time for bed. But as for the crib thing, I'm waiting until we are both ready. As long as the three of us are happy, this will be what is right for us.

This afternoon, we went to my mom and Joel's house so that Marley could see some fresh faces. While my mom napped, Joel and I took Marley in the backyard and let her play on her water mat. She had a blast, as usual. But this afternoon was extra special because she got to try one of Joel's favorite snacks: chocolate ice cream and cheerios. I know, I know, not the healthiest of choices. But she loved it! And she really didn't get enough ice cream for it to even make a difference.



Annie went to her new home today. I was sad to see her go, but I am also happy that she will be happy there. I really think she is going to spoiled by her new owners and they are going to take great care of her. I could tell when her new owner was talking to us, constantly petting Annie's head, that she would love her. But, I am going to miss her. She was our first dog together, and we rescued her. It was just so hard to have her with Marley. She never seemed to care if she was running over Marley or hitting her in the face with her tail. I will always love Annie, but I think she is going to be so much happier where she is. She climbed right in the car and sat perfectly in the back seat as Sharon pulled away. I was proud of her. She's a great dog.

So, after that was over, we spent some time in the backyard, making Kima feel not so sad. And I finally got some pictures of the three of us. Sure, I had to take them, but they are still cute!




We now have a week until Marley's birthday party, and I really hope it is a success. I hated hosting parties when I was younger, because I would stress out the whole time about if every one was having fun. But, I really don't think I will worry about that this time. It's about Marley! And I'm sure every one will have fun if she's having fun. I just hope getting our families and friends together isn't too awkward. I hate awkward situations even more than I hate hosting parties. I'm excited though. I think we can pull it off.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...