Saturday, June 27, 2009

Our First Date

Asa and I went on our first real date in 10 and a half months today. He told me about a month ago that when Transformers 2 came out, we were going to see it. So, I asked my mom at the time, not knowing exactly when we would be going. It turned out that she had a field trip this weekend and could not watch Marley. So, we asked Asa's mom to watch her. She has never kept Marley before. I wasn't really worried about how Donna would do with Marley, I was worried about how Marley would do with someone new.

The movie was really good. We had fun being alone and listening to things other than Marley crying in the back seat of the car. But, I have to admit that I was thinking about Marley the whole time. When we got out of the movie, I really missed her. I had that excited, nervous feeling in my stomach at the thought of seeing her again. Is that crazy?! I was nervous to see her, I missed her so much.

When we arrived home, she was happy, full, and clean. She had a great time with Asa's mom and I was so relieved. She even got her to sleep! I definitely think we should do it more often. I love her more than anything, but everyone needs a little break once in a while. And it was super sweet to come home and see her face and receive her hug.

* I just want to add that there were two small babies in the theater watching this two and a half hour movie. Not only was it extremely loud and bad for those poor babies' ears, but it was also boring. One of them was crying the whole time and her mom finally took her out when there was only like 10 minutes left. I felt so sorry for those babies...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...