Friday, June 12, 2009

Bittersweet

We had a busy day today. In the morning, I had a dentist appointment, so Marley spent some time with her Aunt Emily V. and cousin Anneke from Michigan. From the pictures they took, it looks like they had fun. And they wore Marley out, she was passed out as soon as we got home.In the afternoon, I had my massage, which was fantastic, and Marley stayed with Aunt Emily S. They had a great time together too. They played and ate and played some more. When I got there, Emily said, "She was stinky, so I changed her diaper. I was a little confused but I think I figured it out." It was so cute, she put it on backwards! That's okay, though. I was proud that she changed it!

I also officially quit Windhill. I am no longer employed. So, we have to be out of our apartment by the end of this month. Hopefully, a good house comes along before then. We need it. Marley and I packed up our bookshelf tonight. She was very helpful, but looked a little confused.I am so glad to get away from all the drama here, but I am also sad to leave this apartment. This is where we brought Marley home and where we had many happy things happen. We made so many changes to it and really wanted this to feel like home, but now it feels tainted. So, I am going to work on remembering it in a good way. I will think of all the fun things that happened here: we found out we were pregnant, Marley smiled, laughed, and crawled for the first time. And hopefully, all the bad memories will fade away. This was our home and I am so glad our little family got to live here. And, of course, I am excited about the future. We are going to have a yard to play in, a bigger house to learn to walk in, a birthday party to host, and so many more memories to make. It's bittersweet. I will miss it, but I'm glad we're moving on.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...