Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Big Girl

Marley took a step today. It was just one step, and it was kind of a falling step, but I am still counting it. I'm her mom, so I get to say if it counts, right? Luckily, Asa was there to witness it, and "catch her by her head". I was too busy being excited to see what that meant, but I guess it's a good thing!

She also learned how to climb onto the couch all by herself. I am really starting to realize how strong and smart she is! Not that I didn't always think she was smart, but all of the new things she has done recently involve a lot of thought and effort! Recently, things are happening at warp speed, and I am amazed at how quickly she can learn and remember something.

This evening, Asa came home and we sat outside with our neighbors. Their son just turned two and has never really been too interested in Marley. But, today he saw us walking around with Marley holding her fingers and he wanted to help her! Asa still held on to Marley, but Eli walked backwards holding Marley hands and helping her walk around! It was adorable! From that point on, Marley wanted to follow him everywhere he went. When I got tired of helping her walk, she crawled around after him as fast as she could. They talked to each other, drank water together, went down the slide, and sat in the grass together. She even climbed a few steps after him! She wants to be big so bad!
By the time we went inside, Eli and Marley smelled about the same: like sweaty little kids. She was sooo tired from trying to keep up that she went to bed an hour early! Too bad we are moving, because they could have been good friends...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...