Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wreck

I got in a wreck yesterday morning. It really wasn't a big deal, but it scared me. It wasn't my fault, I had a green light, and the girl who hit me ran her red light. I was on my way to school, so Marley wasn't with me. I was thankful for that.

But it got me worried. It could have very easily been worse than it was. She hit the driver's side door, right beside me. If she had been going any faster, I could have been hurt. She is claiming that she had a green light, but we have a witness backing my story.

I called my mom, whose car I was in, and Asa. About five seconds later, Asa comes running, barefoot from his car on the other side of the road. I guess I should have been a little more descriptive when I said I got in a wreck. He didn't even remember if he had shut the front door of the house when he ran out of it! Even after he knew that it wasn't that bad, he couldn't stop hugging me and holding my hand. My mom and Joel were also really great about it, and just happy that I wasn't hurt.

I hugged Marley extra hard when I got to my mom's house. It's so cliche, but things can completely change in the blink of an eye. I might be acting really dramatic about this whole thing, but it got me thinking. When we got in bed last night, Asa actually said "You really scared me." He's never acted that worried about me. And all day long I was wondering what would have happened with Marley if I had really been hurt. I held her extra long. I don't really want to think about it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...