Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Highchairs and Sippy Cups

Tonight, we had dinner at my mom's and Marley tried out her first highchair. She didn't eat at it or anything, but she really enjoyed being up at the table with us. Normally, she has to hang out in the swing on the ground while we eat. So, it was really fun to have her up on our level! She played with her ball and threw it on the ground for a while. Then, my mom got out one of sippy cups she bought and we gave it to her to experiment with. We didn't put anything in it, but I heard that they need to start playing with it around now to get used to it. I am hoping to bypass the bottle all together. So, she loved dropping it on the ground and watching us pick it back up. Other than that, nothing really exciting happened with the sippy cup.

I started reading today on askdrsears.com about helping babies get to sleep without crying it out. I don't even want to think about leaving her in her crib while I listen to her scream. So, I read all about what my other options are. I am going to try to start putting her on a good schedule during the day and not letting her nap past 6:30 pm. So, I am hoping that around 9 or 9:30 pm she will be ready for bed. So far it is working. I fed her at 9:30 and she fell asleep right after. Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope she stays that way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...