Monday, December 22, 2008

This is going to be a long one...

We have a big collection of pictures from yesterday. We tried to take a family picture right outside of our apartment, but it really didn't work out. We want to give our grandparents a family picture for Christmas in a pretty frame. So, we went to my mom's house to let her take some of us. We got a few good ones.
Then, we had a mini photo shoot. God, I love this baby! She is the cutest baby in the whole wide world!

Marley was a great sport going shopping all day on Saturday. We got a lot of shopping done for Marley and I bought things for Asa's stocking. She took a few short naps and I fed her twice in the car. It was much easier there since I don't really have to cover up. She hung out in my wrap while we walked around the mall. I wanted to buy some nursing tops, but they are so dang expensive! I will just stick with my tank top with a shirt over it technique for now. At Bed Bath and Beyond, my sister decided she wanted to wear Marley. I warned her that people would think Marley was her baby, but she said whatever. So, I wrapped her all in it and put Marley in. On the way into the store Marley let out a cute little giggle like, "woohoo this is fun!" In the store, when she say me or my mom she would look at us and get so excited like it was so cool that we happened to be there with her! People came up and told Emily that "her" baby was cute and she would just smile and say thank you!! I wanted to walk up and be like, "No, MY baby is cute! That's not her baby!" Most 15 year olds would not want people to think that they had a baby, but Emily was great. Emily is a great aunt!
After the long day of shopping, Marley got some play time with her Papa and her feet (her new favorite toy).
Marley is just now getting back into the normal swing of things. She still has a cough and congestion, but it is better. I don't really know if it's because of the medicine though. She slept a lot yesterday, as she has been for a week. She has been getting really hot at night because she is still being swaddled. We try about once a week to leave her unwrapped, but she always hits herself and she wakes up. So, the nights are not very restful because she gets too hot, I unwrap her, she flails around for 10 minutes and cools off, I wrap her back up. It makes me tired. I also think she is teething. Yesterday she was really grumpy all day, just didn't want to do much. She has been rubbing her ear and chewing on anything that comes near her mouth. So, maybe that's coming. If so, I'm not ready. I hope it doesn't ruin Christmas.
I am finally getting excited about Christmas! I have to work all day today and half days on Tuesday and Wednesday. But I doubt anything important is going to happen. All the college kids are gone. So, I am pretty much in Christmas mode. We got Marley quite a bit. I shopped on the sale clothing racks and bought just random stuff that I thought was cute, even if was for 12 months. I just stayed with the season it will be when she is that age and got a bunch of cute stuff for almost nothing. She will also be getting some toys from us. I know everyone else is buying toys and we will probably get doubles. But, she has three places that will need toys, so it will be great. She will be very entertained wherever she is.

1 comment:

Abigail... said...

love all the pictures, as always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...