Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Travels

Marley's new babylegs came in! I saw these on someone else's blog and loved them. So, I ordered some and they finally got here! Aren't the precious?




Tomorrow we will be making our first big trip as a family to Austin for Thanksgiving. Normally it would take about 4 hours... so we'll see how long this takes. We are planning to leave in the evening after Marley goes to sleep. Unfortunately, she doesn't usually stay asleep. But I am hoping the car will keep her asleep. My sister Emily is going with us, so she will be able to help keep Marley company if she wakes up.
I am also excited to go shopping for Christmas! Asa thinks it dumb to buy Marley presents from us since we pretty much buy her presents all the time... but it's Christmas! Even if she doesn't know right now, one day she will want to see pictures and hear about what we got her. That's part of the fun of being a parent! Then, I was thinking about how many toys this kid is going to need and I got a little worried that we won't have enough. I mean, I have no idea if kids can play with the same thing for hours or if they get bored after 5 minutes. She will need toys for our house, the office, and my mom's house! That's a lot of toys! She also needs a high chair for all three places. And I'm not exaggerating! She really does need them. I want her to have a Rainforest Jumperoo, also. So, if any of the family reading this wants to take control of one of those things, let me know! We would really appreciate it.
I am really nervous about tomorrow though. Luckily, if we forget something we are going to a place much bigger than the one we live in. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...